Online Learning Details
When you study online at Gannon, you may be sitting by yourself, but we have a large network of support services to provide help and guidance when you need it. Besides technical support that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you’ll have access to an advisor as well as your instructor via email and phone. The faculty and staff of Gannon University are committed to helping you succeed.
When you enroll in the online RN-BSN, MBA, or MPA program, you will receive access to the online learning system. In this virtual classroom environment, you will receive your weekly assignments and readings, turn in exams and coursework and take part in discussions with your instructor and classmates. You can access the system any hour of the day or night—it’s up to you, as long as you meet the deadlines and requirements set by your instructor.
The online learning system at Gannon University requires some basic hardware and software, which is detailed below.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- 700 MHz Pentium III processor-equipped computer Windows XP or
newer (Windows PC) or 500 MHz PowerPC-equipped Macintosh
- Sound card and speakers
- 256 MB of RAM
- 20 GB free hard drive space
- CD-ROM drive
- 56k modem with Internet access. High speed Internet access is
recommended via a cable modem or DSL line
- Windows XP or later or Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office 2000 or later (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Email address
- Web browser: Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (PC), Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or higher (PC/Mac) Web browser should be updated with the latest plug-ins for Java, Shockwave and Adobe Flash and be enabled for pop-ups and cookies
- Web camera and microphone preferred
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later (Free Download)
- QuickTime Player 5
- Windows Media
- Virus protection software (McAfee/Norton Anti Virus or similar)
If you have questions about online learning, please contact us at 877-497-5854 to speak with an admissions advisor, or request more information.