RN to BSN: Get Your Bachelor of Science in Nursing Online
As a nurse, you know that having a Bachelor of Science in Nursing credential is becoming less of an option and more of a necessity. The degree can help position you for career growth, makes you more attractive in the job market and is a requirement for many jobs. If you think you are too busy to earn your BSN, think again: Gannon University’s online RN to BSN degree program is designed with busy working nurses like you in mind. Offered in a seven week format, you can continue to fulfill your professional and personal obligations as you work toward this increasingly important credential.
Gannon University’s Villa Maria School of Nursing’s bachelor’s degree online recognizes the value of your experience. Depending on your work history, you may be approved to complete up to 3 portfolio courses (11 credits) to earn academic credit for your professional experience in lieu of a traditional course format. The curriculum includes topics on contemporary health care issues, leadership and the role of the professional nurse today. At Gannon, upon acceptance each applicant’s prior academic and professional background is evaluated to maximize transfer credits and shorten your path to obtaining your BSN degree. At the completion of the Gannon online nursing curriculum, you will:
- Exhibit caring in professional practice.
- Demonstrate the three fundamental aspects of nursing practice: (1) population focused health care, (2) health promotion, (3) care of the sick in and across all environments.
- Demonstrate nursing practice built on nursing knowledge, theory and research as well as the ability to adapt and apply knowledge from other fields and disciplines.
- Exhibit critical thinking.
- Incorporate professional values, ethics, and legal aspects into nursing practice.
- Value lifelong learning.
Learn more about the online RN-BSN program at Gannon University: Call us at 877.497.5854 to speak to an admissions advisor today, or request more information. You can also click here to register for an upcoming Virtual Open House.