RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Online (RN to BSN)
As a nurse, you know that having a Bachelor of Science in Nursing credential is becoming less of an option and more of a necessity. The degree can help position you for career growth, makes you more attractive in the job market and is a requirement for many jobs. If you think you are too busy to earn your BSN, think again. Gannon University’s online RN to BSN degree program is designed with busy working nurses like you in mind. Offered in a seven week format, you can continue to fulfill your professional and personal obligations as you work toward this increasingly important credential.
Key facts about Gannon’s online RN to BSN program:
- 100 percent online coursework
- Minimal clinical expectation that can be completed where you live
- Average completion time of degree is about 19 months
- There is no application fee
- Log in and learn on your time – asynchronous class format
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Conditional approval to earn up to 11 credits based on professional experience
Gannon University recognizes the value of your experience. Depending on your work history, you may be approved to complete up to 3 portfolio courses (11 credits) to earn academic credit for your professional experience in lieu of a traditional course format. The online RN to BSN curriculum includes topics on contemporary health care issues, leadership and the role of the professional nurse today. At Gannon, upon acceptance each applicant’s prior academic and professional background is evaluated to maximize transfer credits and shorten your path to obtaining your BSN degree.
Unique features of the online RN to BSN program:
- The curriculum emphasizes the integration of professional values, ethics, and legal aspects into nursing practice.
- Tailor your course selection to specialized and niche topics, with an option to design your own course.
- Gain confidence using research and evidence-based care to improve the quality of care.
- Graduate prepared for a future in nursing leadership and/or gaining an MSN degree.
- The program reflects Gannon University’s commitment to service, community, and social responsibility.
Learn more about the online RN to BSN program at Gannon University. Call us at 877-497-5854 to speak to an admissions advisor today, or request more information. You can also click here to register and view our program Virtual Open House.